View Single Post
Old August 29, 2004, 04:35 PM   #1
marine

LAR Grizzly in 50 AE

Bought one a few years back. Also bought the 45 win mag conversion for the piece. I also bought the barrel attachment for recoil reduction. I took to the range a few times, but had a problem. After the 1st 2 shots, the gun would jam - ie your tipical stovepipe where the case gets caught in the ejection port. So switch to 45 win mag ammo, same jam. Looked over the feed ramp and all looks ok - ie polished etc. So off goes the barrel shroud and we do the same thing at the range with the same results. I'm thinking that recoil has affected the rounds in the mag somehow, after 2 shots. Either the ammo itself, how the powder sets in the case, or how the ammo sits in the mag. Has anyone experianced this? Was going to send back to LAR but not sure they are still in business. Don't know why I bought the piece. On the outdoor pistol range, when I fired the piece, the other shooters moved over a couple of firing positions away. And I have to confess I was "on target" for 2 rounds, and off target after. Then they came back for info on "what the heck was that"? The range master took the pistol and proceeded to put his 1st round in the black even tho I had screwed
with the sights. Well, she's in my gun safe along with the $1.00 a round ammo. Should I get it fixed? Or is this piece just another part of the history of
"who's got the biggest, most powerfull pistol made" as the gun manufactures seemed to push at the time.
Thanks for your info - Mac

Page generated in 0.02392 seconds with 8 queries