View Single Post
Old March 20, 1999, 02:20 PM   #19
Keith Rogan

I concur with the overwhelming Ruger 10/22 barrage.
A couple of comments though. I've found that Blazer .22 ammo is absolutely the best thing going for any semi-auto weapon. I don't know what propellant they use but you can shoot brick after brick of the stuff and your gun doesn't even get dirty! Its amazing and its also one of the cheapest ammo's on the market.
I also have to recommend that you pull the sights off your Ruger and replace them with one of the aperture "Ghost Ring" style sights. The one I use is the Zepher from Brownells ($35). The difference in accuracy from the crappy sights that Ruger puts on its rifles is amazing!
The Zepher mounts back on the reciever which gives you a much longer sight radius which you can shoot with real precision. Not only is it more accurate, its faster and easier to acquire the sights.
Less than a month ago I shot five 10 shot groups at 25 yards with my otherwise standard Ruger. Using cheap Blazer ammo, all of the groups were less than an inch and one was just a hair over a half inch. I didn't think this was possible (for me) without a scope. I'd have been happy with 2 or 3 inch groups with the old sights.

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries