View Single Post
Old September 21, 2018, 11:19 AM   #24
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
There is something inherently wrong with our legal system when “all (14” shotguns) are equal (legal) but some are more equal (legal)”.
What am I missing here?
What you are missing here is the letter of the law. ALL our gun control laws are arbitrary in their requirements, but they ARE the law.

Put a folding stock on an SKS carbine imported before a certain date, all good and legal. Put that same stock on an identical rifle imported a day later, its a crime. (just one of many examples).

And while most of what happened at Ruby Ridge is not germane to the discussion, there are a couple points that need to be remembered. The barrels of the guns Weaver cut off were NOT below legal Federal minimum length. And, the government never claimed they were.

Weaver cut the guns for a "friend" who turned out to be a govt informant. When the guns were delivered to the govt agents, by their informant, they were found to be below the Fed min overall length. (by 1/4"!!). And, therefore, illegal Everything that happened as a result of that is outside our scope here. My point is that the Weaver case was not over BARRELS that were too short, it was over too short an over all length. A small point, but I think a significant one.

Page generated in 0.03252 seconds with 8 queries