View Single Post
Old February 21, 2008, 01:38 AM   #8
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Carrying something isn't a reason for me to not be able to rack my gun in that type of situation unless I'm carrying my wife. Anything else I can drop if needed.
Child, spare magazine, flashlight, keys, etc. You can drop ANYTHING, but it's not always a reasonable option and it's often undesirable.
Quote:
For it to be extremely fast, both hands are needed. But it isn't hard to rack with one hand. I practice it all the time.
Yup, but while it's possible,it's not as positive a method as racking two-handed, and as you say, it's certainly not as fast. And even with two hands it's just one more thing you have to do and one more thing that can go wrong.
Quote:
Are people not aware of their surroundings?
It's not completely unheard of for criminals to do their best to remain unnoticed/undetected until they attack. They understand that it gives them a significant advantage.

A person can't "slice the pie" on every corner or clear every room they enter. It's not always possible to walk without passing near automobiles or other objects large enough to conceal a person.

Page generated in 0.02347 seconds with 8 queries