View Single Post
Old June 21, 2019, 10:21 AM   #29
Stargater53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
I've got both. I prefer the Ruger, but the S&W is nice. I used to be a big Colt fan, but when the Python got to be too expensive, I got a Ruger. A friend gifted me a S&W 686-2 a month or so ago.
Do you find there's any difference in accuracy? Have you ever shot both back to back?

Optimally, they would be put in Ransom rests, but I've not been able to find anyone who's done that. I would think any unbiased tests would do that, but they don't. I understand that any two guns may differ in accuracy, but I suspect the S&W would win. But until such tests are done, we'll never know.

The Security-Six lacks locks and (more importantly) underlugs
on the barrels. They never should have been "upgraded." I ground
the grips to take rounded butt Pachmayers. But not on my 6-incher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arquebus357 View Post
Sorry Ruger, but I would rather work on the old Security Six series. Oh...I know, you can take the cylinder apart with your Swiss army knife and I'm so stupid for needing that tool. Hahaha

I also don't care for the GP100 little stub that is used for the grip frame.

That said, I still own two GP100's
Yes, ditto on the Security-Six. The one gun I don't have and would like to own is a Service-Six. It's the perfect home defense gun in my view. When I travel cross country, I always take my 4-inch Security-Six. And if I went hiking or camping, I'd most likely prefer my 3-inch Speed-Six. (I have two that started out as .38 Specials. I had them reamed out to take .357s. I love the 3-inch barrels over the 2.75-inchers, but there is little difference ballistically.

--

Last edited by Stargater53; June 21, 2019 at 10:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.03613 seconds with 8 queries