View Single Post
Old November 11, 2011, 12:21 PM   #9
divil

Quote:
If you can manually push the hammer off of the disconnector by simply pushing the hammer forward then either something is wrong with the disconnector hook angle
Nope I can't do that. No amount of just pushing will release the hammer - it's the combination of pushing the hammer and releasing the trigger that causes the hammer to fall.

Quote:
(ground/worn down perhaps?)
Definitely not. The parts were bought new and the rifle has not been fired much. The only possibilities I can think of are either that the parts were defective/out of spec or I installed them incorrectly.

Quote:
The disconnector should only release the hammer when the trigger is released. It should firmly hold the hammer while the trigger is fully pulled to the rear.
Well it is doing the above perfectly. As long as I hold the trigger back, the hammer won't fall. Furthermore, if I simply release the trigger, the hammer will not fall. But, if I release the trigger while pressing gently on the hammer from behind, then the hammer will fall. Only a small amount of pressure is needed - I have found a threshold of pressure that will reliably cause this behavior. I am trying to understand if this is a malfunction or not.

Page generated in 0.04101 seconds with 8 queries