View Single Post
Old April 19, 2009, 10:21 AM   #1
ramp_tech

Ruger SR9 vs Springfield XD9

I asked to see a SR9 in my local shop last week and I think I am in "love".
I like the ergonomic design and the length of the pistol grip was a perfect fit for my hands. It is also very slim, I would have to say it has the same width of my S&W 1911 and it can be conceal fairly easy. The weight is well distributed unlike my old P95, which was a great pistol but horribly top heavy.

With the permission from the store owner, I dry fired the SR9. To my surprise, it had a lighter trigger-pull than my Glock 17/19 and the distance travel was a lot shorter than my Glocks. The SR9 does come with a manual thumb safety and a striker blocking safety (according to the guy).
It has a 17+1 capacity, the same with my Glock 17. The slide was easy to rack and the owner performed a field strip in front of me, like all my Ruger center fire pistols, it was very simple & easy!

I really really like the SR9 and I am planning to pick it up next week if my wife's okay with it. I understood that there was a recall for the model last year but I am not at all concern with it. Ruger is one of my favor manufacturer, and the fact that they openly admitted their mistake was a plus for their brand to me.

Now, I am in a diellema. I have not held a XD9 service but I am also interested in them. Unforunately; with the limited budget; I can only afford to purchase one of them for now. For you all out there, share your ownership experience over them please, and help me make a decisioN!

Page generated in 0.02243 seconds with 8 queries