View Single Post
Old December 6, 2011, 03:22 AM   #1
snakestrikeace

Input on a concealed carry weapon

I am turning 21 in December and before anything else one of the first things I plan on doing is obtaining my concealed carry permit. As part of this process I have been researching various handguns. I have grown up shooting various firearms since I was six, but am more proficient in revolvers and rifles. The only semi-auto pistol I have ever shot is a Ruger MK II. I know I don't want to carry a 9mm, but my problem is choosing between a .357 sig and .45 acp, as well as any recommendations for guns in these platforms. I like the idea of the .357 sig as I grew up shooting a colt python, and that .357 sig attempts to replicate this with similar results, as well as the ability to switch out barrels in most of these guns to a .40 s&w, although I have some doubts about what they say this caliber is capable of doing. As for the .45 I cannot escape the fact of its time tested performance more specifically having to do with the 1911 and the idea of that reliability being there when I need it. It is a larger gun though and seems more awkward for a concealed carry than the smaller .357 sig, as well as its limited capacity. Any input on this subject would be of great help. Thank you.

Page generated in 0.02962 seconds with 8 queries