View Single Post
Old April 18, 2000, 06:29 PM   #2
Russell92

i was considering between the same 2 pistols and as of last week i'm a proud new owner of a Glock 19.

as you said they are both excellent pistols; here's why i choose the glock over the sig:

1. the trigger; one of the main reasons i got the glock was the single type of trigger. the Sig is a DA/SA and therefore you have to learn 2 different types of triggers and practice the transition. i have 2 beretta 92s in DA/SA and i have trouble with them. i only shot the G19 once and i already shoot it better than my 92FS.
2. the feel. this is all in your persnal opinion but i like the feel of the glock better. it points naturally for me so i can get off the first shot more accurately and quickly.
3. capability didn't have much to do with it (13 compared to 15). however i don't mind the fact that G19 mags can be had for less than sig mags. 229 mags are around $100 at best and G19 mags if your lucky can be found for down to $40.
4. reliability. they are both superbly reliable guns but i would give a strong nod toward the glock on reliability. glocks will work in many situations were a sig would jam up.
5. durability. i'm a young shooter and would like to own my guns for the rest of my life. i know the glock will outlive me but the sig may not. some sigs don't even go over 20,000 rounds before they die.
6. accuracy. yes i know sigs are more accurate but not by that much. besides the fact that glocks point better and i like the trigger more make them more accurate for me.
7. i wanted to start GSSF (Glock Sports Shooting Foundation). its a shooting sport somewhat like IDPA but you need a glock to compete. it sounds like alot of fun.
8. i just like the glock in general more for many other reasons.

its all up to you. as i said one of the biggest factors when choosing between 2 top quality guns is the feel. if one feels better than the other get that one.

oh yeah the glocks are about $100-150 less than the sigs around here so i don't minde paying less for a better gun IMHO.

Page generated in 0.04679 seconds with 8 queries