View Single Post
Old August 20, 2010, 08:22 AM   #6
WC145

Quote:
I carry a .45 AMT Backup that holds 5+1 rounds and no extra magazine. If I have to shoot someone and they are incapacitated, I'm going to run and then call 911. What would be the point of reloading if your attacker is incapacitated?
What's the point of running around with an empty or half empty gun? What if he recovers to such a degree that he can reengage? You don't know who or where his friends are, maybe the other guy that ran called his buddies and they're coming looking for you, maybe you're hit and you can't run, maybe, what if, maybe, what if, maybe...... Always carry at least one spare reload in case of malfunction or, God forbid, you use some or all of what's in your gun. When the smoke clears and you have a chance reload so you're topped off and ready for whatever might come next.

Remember, anything can happen, facing it with a fully loaded gun is always a good place to start when it does.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries