View Single Post
Old April 29, 2008, 01:44 AM   #1
Playboypenguin

Your most anticipated time of need?

I know a lot of guys on here practice split second applications of their firearms. They train for that time when they will have to do the fast draw to save their skins. Which is fine. I think we all should practice those skills and many people think that is the situation they are most likely to be confronted with in their lives. A lot of guys also claim long distance practice is not really needed since attacks occur close up.

This brings up the question of what do you think is the most likely situation you will face where you would need your firearm. Will it be a mugging, a home defense, or what?

Like I said, a lot of people believe it will be a mugging or a sudden attack where they will need to quick draw. I am a little different guess. I am pretty cautious about where I am and when I am there so I am not that fearful of being attacked and needing a gun...despite what happened to me a couple months ago.

In this day and age my biggest fear is being in a public place at the wrong time and having to deal with a situation like a mall shooting or campus shooting. A situation where a handgun can make the difference between having to hide behind a garbage can and hope you do not get noticed and being able to defend yourself from a defensive position...or possibly come to the aid of others if you chose to do so. That could also require some long range skills.

How 'bout you?

Page generated in 0.02391 seconds with 8 queries