View Single Post
Old April 28, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Speed_demonnat

My first uspsa match. Embarrassing DQ.

I'll start by saying I'm not new to shooting in local matches although I haven't shot a match in 7 years. I have only shot IDPA in the past and I'm well aware of and totally support the 180 rule and have never broken it till today. I was extremely embarrassed and very dissapointed in myself as I always take safe very seriously. I was dq'd on a stage that required several targets to be engaged while standing in front of a wall then move to the left and go through a doorway behind you. Then move left to a port and engage the final targets. I broke the 180 rule while moving through the doorway. The stage prior to that also required engaging targets while moving backwards. I am thinking USPSA is not for me with all these stages that require moving backwards to engage the targets. Is this common place at USPSA matches? I cannot remember ever having to move backwards in a IDPA stage. I did hear several more USPSA experienced shooters commenting about the stages being easy to make a mistake and break the 180 rule then I fell victim. I did have several shooters come up to me and tell me not to get discouraged over the dq and to come back to the next shoot. It is impossible not to be totally disappointed in myself.

Last edited by Speed_demonnat; April 28, 2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page generated in 0.02537 seconds with 8 queries