View Single Post
Old June 26, 2011, 10:54 PM   #321
catzor

Okay guys. I'm struggling here. I am about to buy a revolver for ccw/fun and can't decide whether I want to go the .327 route or the .357/.38 route.

First off, a little about me:

-Reloader
-Caster
-Not recoil sensitive, but I get my hoots from hitting what I'm aiming at, not making my hand go numb
-I like unique stuff :]
-Looking at the taurus 327, 2"

I know .357 is the practical choice, but the .327 intrigues me. In my imagination, I would be able to load up or buy the hot defensive .327s for carry, but plinking with .32 sw longs would be pretty hand-friendly, no? How are the .32 mags, recoil wise? I doubt I'd shoot many of them, but I'm just curious where they fall between the ultra low pressure(sw longs) and ultra high pressure .327 loads that gun of that chambering could handle. How is brass life of the three cartridges? Any chance of brass/loaded ammo being available any time soon?

Now, for comparisons sake, would someone mind describing the recoil characteristics of the following cartridges (maybe just rank them?) available to be fired in either a .327 or .357 of the same size, such as a taurus 605 vs 327. I'm thinking the .327 is probably snappier than the .357 due to the increase in peak pressure, but I'm also wondering how .32 sw long or .32 hr mag loads compare to .38 plinking loads.

-32 sw long
-32 hr mag
-327 fed mag
-38 spl
-38 spl +p
-357 mag

I'm just trying to get a gun that will do it a lot of different tasks and it seems like the .327 is up to that standard, it will just take more leg work to get my loading/casting setup than it would for .357.

Page generated in 0.02410 seconds with 8 queries