View Single Post
Old April 15, 2021, 11:51 PM   #57
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoc42
OK. Let's come full circle. I started this post with a two-pronged suggestion regarding gun control because that was the focus of those who oppose guns. I was eventually criticized for focusing on guns as an argument against "violence," yet your post above says NOTHING about anything but guns when that issue of control is raised.
Sure it does, but remember that the snippet you quoted is a small part of this rather lengthy thread, in which I posted multiple times that the problem is not guns, but "violence." To look just at the snippet you quoted immediately above, I wrote:

Quote:
We need to be prepared to explain why the gun grabbers' proposals won't (and can't) make any significant difference. And part of that argument is pointing out that guns don't just up and kill people all by themselves. Evil people use guns to commit evil acts. If they don't have access to guns (which they will, irrespective of background checks and gun bans), they'll just use other tools.
You really can't see that I'm talking about the people who commit the acts, rather than about the tools they use?
Jeepaholic

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries