View Single Post
Old May 30, 2013, 12:30 AM   #1
K1500

Colorado Question

I may be passing through Colorado while on vacation this summer in a truck pulling a camping trailer. I have not followed all the latest laws in Colorado, and am seeing some advice.

When traveling I usually carry a compact handgun such as the Shield on my person (when in a state that honors my CCW, which Colorado does), plus a full sized 15 round handgun in the console for general use/wife (also has a CCW). Finally, a Mini 14 with flash suppressor and a standard non folding stock goes under the rear seat in a storage rack with loaded 20 or 30 round mags in a bag next to the rifle.

Does any of this run afoul of the latest legislative insanity in Colorado? If so, what should I do to make my trip comply with the laws of Colorado? If it makes a difference, I will have to camp in the state for a few nights while on my way to Wyoming. I dont mind unloading mags if that is illegal, but I would like to remain in possesion of my regular capacity magazines for the rest of the journey.

Please don't suggest detouring around Colorado, as that is the most direct route to my destination. Thanks for the help.

Page generated in 0.02431 seconds with 8 queries