View Single Post
Old April 2, 2011, 05:53 AM   #17
Wag

The other day, the weather was nice so we had the door open and the bell rang. I came around the corner slicing the pie with my eyes and with my gun at my side, hidden by my thigh (as Eagle 0711 mentioned above). Some guy in a suit was there claiming to be taking surveys about something or other. I just told him I don't do surveys and he left without further ado.

But it got me to thinking that it would be a good way to distract while his partner goes around back. My wife was covering the back door with her pistol, though so that wouldn't have gotten him anywhere except the morgue if he had decided to take her on.

These days, home invasions are all too common. It's too bad when people can't feel safe opening the door any more. Most of the time, my doorbell rings with a neighbor wanting to borrow an egg or a cuppa sugar. But I still answer with gun in hand. All it takes it that one time I inadvertently do something on the road in my car and next thing, I'm being followed home for a later attack.

I feel for the family of the guy in the story. Very sad.

--Wag--

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries