View Single Post
Old March 20, 2011, 02:48 PM   #1
dumbhick

Another Rossi 461/462 story

i'm not going to lie to you fine people, I'm a relative newbie to the world of firearms. I've shot a bunch of /38s, 9mm's, .45's, etc, but I wouldn't call myself experienced.I recently bought a Rossi 461 .357 mag. blued, 2" barrel, you know the gun i'm sure. I got it for around $320 new, which was right in my price range. Figured it probably wouldn't be in the S&W or Ruger quality range, but it'd be a decent alternative on the cheap.

Today, I took it out to the range with a buddy of mine to try it out. Everything started out beautifully. Shot about 24 .38 +p rounds and 12 .357mag rounds. Then, when I loaded it up for more, I noticed a problem. After firing, the cylinder didn't want to rotate. After a little working, I got it to turn, fired again, same problem. So I eject the shells and put .38s back in to test it. Fires once no issue, fire again and i just hear click. open it up and i see the primer was struck, but not with enough force. pull the trigger again, the hammer sticks about halfway.

I showed it to the guys running the range and they suggested it could be a timing issue. They suggested i let the smith there take a look, but he's not in on sundays. So tomorrow I'm going to take it there and all, but I'm curious.

Any of you guys have problems like this? is it something pretty common? just dissapointing that my new gun isn't working right after less than 100 rounds. especially since there's no way i can afford anything else at this point.

Page generated in 0.02859 seconds with 8 queries