View Single Post
Old February 18, 2011, 02:42 PM   #27
BGutzman

I was not preparing a doctorial thesis, Im reading an article and relating it to my own experience.

If you believe whatever hay thats fine, if factually your correct on the basis of how the information was gather thats fine too.

However dont think for one minute that the military has ever done a review without some slant given to it to support the prevailing political winds and political correctness.

But for the sake of this conversation lets assume its unimpeachable written in stone verifiable fact.

The fact remains that not all those troops surveyed have 20+ years of experience, the fact remains that many of these troops may never have fired a round in anger or even have been allowed to have rounds due to political considerations.

If 5.56mm is the end all, be all for you great, enjoy. If your heading to Afganistan and you get some real world experience you may or may not end up agreeing with me but I tend to think the first couple of engagments and youll probably see things differently.

All I know is when I should have dropped the BG on two occasions I didn't and not because I failed but because the round failed and because of that I have no use for a round that cannot as a general rule penetrate a thin mud wall.

Page generated in 0.02665 seconds with 8 queries