View Single Post
Old May 22, 2010, 11:27 PM   #7
philster

OH! OH! OH! ME TOO! You're NOT alone, buddy. However, I attributed my probs to the (relatively) cheap scope I bought from Wal-Mart. I couldn't believe that after all of the time, effort, ammo, and everything else that I spent getting the Ruger zeroed that I had this problem. Same thing, I had it dialed in at 75 yards, then suddenly shots started "walking" horizontally in one direction. I tried to adjust again, but just kept chasing zero with no results. And yes, the crosshairs were now rotating inside the scope.

Thinking that this must have just been a fluke or defect, I went back and Wal-Mart made it good with another scope - I picked the same one. I zeroed again, and I haven't had probs with the second scope. BUT... at some point in this process, I did get the combo mod kit for the Ruger and installed the nylon (or whatever type of plastic) bolt buffer that came with it. It's certainly quieter, stopping that slapping metal noise and also reduces the sharpness of recoil shock - which I thought should have been minimal in a .22 anyway. I didn't make the possible connection to the scope problem then, but I may have in fact installed the buffer around the time I replaced the scope. Note - the oversized receiver pull in the kit was crap and wouldn't stay on, but the extended lever clip ejector and the receiver quick release work fine.

Last edited by philster; May 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02166 seconds with 8 queries