View Single Post
Old October 15, 2011, 04:42 PM   #14
LockedBreech

Uncle Malice has been around TFL long enough to deserve an opinion withot being attacked for it.

RC20, on a forum, not everyone is going to like what you like. I love my Beretta PX4, and I've had people say it's ugly, the rotating barrel mechanism worries them, the ergonomics are bad, etc.

I'll only challenge claims to quality, but Uncle Malice didn't question quality at all. He said he thought the Glock 17 was of better quality.

What's so wrong with that? It's a forum! It's his opinion!

It's probably also fact, to some extent. Come on, it would be silly to suggest that a $400 gun is 100% the same quality as an $800 P229. More materials and workmanship go into the latter. We're not talking diminishing-returns expense of 1911s here. Yes, the 2022 has received large contracts. So has the 229. The price difference reflects a materials difference.

I love my PX4. I'd love a 2022. I'd love an XD-9 or XD-40. I'd trust them with my life.

However, if someone said a Glock, Beretta 92-series, HK USP, or Sig 229 was better, I wouldn't disagree. Those guns probably ARE better for a hardcore military or police-spec user, and probably have higher worksmanship standards.

Money does NOT always deliniate quality, but sometimes it really does.

And money aside, if you don't like a gun, and don't feel it's at the same level as another, why aren't you entitled to your opinion, especially on a discussion forum?

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries