Thread: tactical vests
View Single Post
Old November 26, 2000, 04:59 AM   #3
Javahed

Tac vests,

I vote for 'em. Out here at 1st Group, we get some vest-like harnesses issued that are OK. A bunch of the guys use Blackhawk and Eagle vests. I was spending so much on Blackhawk kit that my wife started dealing it (see website below.)
I also hate having canteens slam into me, so I have a vest, Blackhawk EOD, with a Camelbak in the back. I've had no problems with a rucksack, and find the vest is a bunch more comfortable than my LBE. The left half of my vest is set up to carry 6 M-4 mags and 3 9mm mags. The right side has 3 large pouches and a few small ones for my med kit (I'm the team medic). I have a pistol belt on the bottom of the vest with more pouches to carry extra ammo or supplies. I can carry more weight, easier and with my kit easier to get to than with LBE. Vests come is many different configs and are available as modular systems also, so you should be able to find one to fit your specific needs.

Now, this is the part where I'd love to say rush right over to my wife's site and buy yourself a vest, but I'll not be biased here . Check out as many as you can. Load 'em with weight and throw a pack on if you plan on carrying one. Get a feel for how they ride. Make sure to check the quality, equipment failure is never worth the couple of bucks you might have saved.
http://www.sabreindustries is a company out of England, they have some nice kit, also, E-bay has vests popping up, some are good deals but some just go through the roof. I'm not sure how re-selling on E-bay affects warrenties.

Hope this helped!

Dan,
and BTW, my wife offers a flat 20% discount to all active and prior military, police, EMS, S&R and firefighters

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries