View Single Post
Old March 27, 2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Unclenick
Staff

I usually recommend someone (especially a youngster) learn metallic reloading on a single-stage just because it makes you look at every round at every step of the process until you learn what to look out for? Also because there are fewer mechanical smooth running issues to watch out for. That said, you can put shells through a progressive one-at-a-time until you are comfortable simultaneously loading five.

I think you've kind of narrowed your decision to the Hornady. That should do fine. I think they were still offering some number of free bullets with one last time I looked? The RCBS's have been around but have not become as popular as the others; you don't see them mentioned as often as the others. There's another thread currently by someone whose had trouble with one.

Lee progressives seem to have the most hiccups. RCBS may come next, but I don't have personal experience to suggest that; just post reading. Their customer service reputation is excellent. The Hornady and Dillon presses seem to be the most popular. Dillon's no BS warranty, I can tell you, really is exactly that. I've had new parts, no-questions-asked, on two occasions, and they didn't even want me to return the broken ones. They just immediately sent the new ones. I've not dealt with Hornady customer service on presses. Someone who has one may be able to tell you how they do in that regard?
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Page generated in 0.02678 seconds with 8 queries