View Single Post
Old February 6, 2010, 03:46 AM   #106
Regolith

Not really hunting related, but...

The deer around here are damn near fearless.

About a week or two or so I made a late run to Safeway to get something or another. When I got back to the apartment, there were four or five doe browsing on what was left of the grass between my apartment building and the street. I went to parallel park on the street not five feet from them and all they did was occasionally look up at me, then went right back to feeding. They didn't even run when I got out of my truck and slammed the door. I started walking around the truck to head toward the apartment (and towards them) and they finally decided to go munch on some of the grass across the parking lot.

This isn't the first time I've seen deer down near my apartment either. I've managed to walk right up to a group of does with them watching the entire time before; got within 10 feet that time before they took off.

I've decided that if I ever get in dire enough straits and really need the meat, all I have to do is fashion a spear and sit and wait outside my apartment at night during the winter, then wait for the deer to come down, and simply lean over and stab one. If I held still enough, I probably wouldn't even need camo.

Page generated in 0.02696 seconds with 8 queries