View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 11:57 AM   #27
doofus47

Quote:
As such they MAY include justifiable homicide,
They do. They also have a column for gangland homicides.

Again, the data shows that the whole "assault weapons" topic is a smokescreen. The elephant in the room is the amount of homicides involving handguns.

I'm for fewer crime involving homicides whenever/wherever possible, so a study of these would not bother me. It even wouldn't bother me if the objective data from that multi-year/multi-area study showed that a meaningful percentage of private sales were leaking into criminal hands and that study recommended that all firearm xfers (outside of the nuclear famliy and grands) should go via FFL.

Which leads me to a private rant. We have a president who lived in south Chicago. I've been to south Chicago on several occasions since I grew up in the Midwest. It's a tough place. If this president were serious about reducing gun violence, you would have thought he would have asked the FBI to create a special team to trace the history of all firearms recovered from Chicago crime scenes. Chicago has tight gun laws, yet gun crime is rampant. If you were a dedicated person who wanted to see the end to gun violence and an effective application of gun control laws, you would start with the source and move backwards to gather data. How the heck could you be so worried about this as an activist while you lived there and then, after you get your hands on the controls, fail to pursue this? Moral failure (and worse, moral hypocrisy) drives me batty. Rant over.

Page generated in 0.03790 seconds with 8 queries