View Single Post
Old October 10, 2017, 07:18 PM   #50
Ghost1958

I don't write very well ,my bad, so I'll try to be clearer.
As to physical force response in KY.
If a person 1. Gets in arms reach of me. Opportunity, 2. Appears capable of doing me serious harm. Ability. And 3. Verbally threatens to strike, beat up, etc ,,,intent that is all that is legally required here to use physical force. He doesnt nessacarily verbalize intent. Could just by posture or actions give reasonable belief he is a threat.

What level of threat would depend on his age physical condition vs my own at 59 yrs old etc.

One thing that we do have that many states don't is the statute that once a claim of self defense has been made police may not arrest, take into custody etc the defender.
They may use normal investigative technique but unless there is substantial evidence the self defense claim is a lie the defender will not spend one minute in police custody or be taken to the station etc.
As of I believe 2014 that statute was strengthened in language so In practical terms unless a SD claim is blatantly obviously and unquestionably false, arrests resulting from SD seldom occur.
The few that almost never occur on scene but later on after the case against the claimed defender is believed air tight.

Page generated in 0.01969 seconds with 8 queries