View Single Post
Old December 21, 2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Nate1778

Quote:
Question #1: If a 45ACP bullet has a .451 diameter and a cast 45ACP bullet is ,452 does sizing the lead bullet with a star luber sizer size the bullet to .451?

If your bore is .451 than you want a bullet that is going to be .452. I am not familiar with the sizer and what it kicks out, but if your throwing .452 than just lube them and load. If your bore is .450 then the .452 should still work. Load one and see if it chambers.

Quote:
Question #2: Why do some people say that after casting a bullet with a Lee mould there is no need to size those bullets?

What they are referring to is the Lee Tumble Lube bullet. Its a bullet that does not have a grease ring but multiple ribs for Liquid Alox to rest in. The reason the bullet does not need to be sized is those ribs are are thin and sized in the barrel. I use one in my 9mm and it does in fact need to be sized to chamber in my gun. Here are the two different bullets.

Normal bullet:

Tumble lubed:

Page generated in 0.02280 seconds with 8 queries