View Single Post
Old November 21, 2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Jerry45

Quote:
Daekar

Posts: 299 Good that you got it to a smith asap. I have heard around the net that the BATFE will actually try to attack you on the grounds that you have a machine gun for this kind of thing. We all know that information is worth what you pay for it sometimes, so take that with a grain of salt, but I'm glad you got it to the smith quickly. Not worth getting thrown in jail over it, even if it is by some unConstitutional agency out to screw people over.

Ask David Olofson if it should be take with a grain of salt.

Quote:
© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

A drill instructor in the National Guard has been convicted in a Wisconsin federal court of illegally transferring a machine gun after a rifle he loaned to a student malfunctioned, setting off three shots before jamming.

The verdict of guilty on one count in the case against David Olofson was confirmed yesterday by the clerk's office in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.

It gets even worse...

AUSA Haanstad claimed the law does not exempt a malfunction. He claims that it states "any weapon that shoots more than once without manual reloading, per function of the trigger is a machinegun". To clarify when I was on the stand, I asked him "Are you saying if I take my Great Granddaddy's double barrel out and I pull one trigger and both barrels go off, its a machinegun?". He went back to the law (United States Code, Section 5845 (b)), and claims "any weapon that shoots..."

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810186

Last edited by Jerry45; November 21, 2011 at 07:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.02084 seconds with 8 queries