View Single Post
Old April 9, 2013, 09:06 PM   #25
mdd

Buzz, I can't tell if your post is tongue in cheek self deprecating humor or a thinly veiled slap upside my head so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the deal. All I know is the holes in the paper are tighter with different rifles than with mine despite the fact its the same fool pressing the loud button.
The guys for the course recommended going straight to the 300 mag but 308 will do also for the breadth and depth of the course. In keeping with my lack of ego shown here, I have no problem admitting I do not enjoy the big crackenboomers. Maybe its because I don't shoot them enough to become acclimated. Maybe its because I burned thousands of rounds of 22 lr focusing on getting rid of a flinch I developed at a very young age when I was made to shoot a heavy loaded 12 gauge before I wanted to shoot it. Maybe its because I've only shot lighter weight 7 mags, 300's, etc which naturally are more punishing. I don't know. I know I gravitate towards the smaller pills with my 25-06 being the largest I shoot with any regularity. Do I expect to drop at deer at a grand? Of course not. Would I like to tap the steel at that distance? Sure!
I am looking forward to learning from some people that should be qualified to teach.
Also, for whomever mentioned reloading, I have been reloading for long enough to not blow myself up but not nearly long enough to dispense more than generalized advice.

Page generated in 0.02366 seconds with 8 queries