View Single Post
Old October 11, 2009, 12:44 AM   #17
FrankenMauser

Quote:
And the price of diesel in Australia at the moment is $1.17 a litre...
For future reference, for fellow 'standard' system users: 1 US Gallon = ~3.8 Liters. Just multiply their price per liter by 3.8 for a rough estimate of the equivalent price. If you want to dig deeper, convert that with an exchange rate.

Quote:
its bloody true mate, but to be honest the 4x4 you blokes drive there would not suit us here. Especailly in our high country. And of course the fuel consomption.
Ah... that depends upon what the typical use, type of vehicle, and how the driver takes on the task.

In the desert, my brothers' trucks shine. Big, bad, and a smooth ride.

But... you get them into the trees ("high country" here), and they're at the mercy of a long wheelbase. There are many roads around here, that a full-size 'Yank Truck' can't fit down: too wide; too tall; too long; too much overhang.

My Ranger, on the other hand; is wearing slightly oversized tires on a completely stock truck. She's gone anywhere I ever asked her to: bogged through Florida swamps, powered through Wyoming ravines (much worse than they sound), forded streams, crawled over hurricane debris, traversed muddy mountain peaks, and twisted through craggy rocks.
The length, width, height, and power behind it all make for a very useful vehicle.

This picture is a year old, and the only one I could find. As I said, she's wearing some slightly larger (and much better riding) mud tires; instead of those horrible stock Wranglers.
The rifle is a unique bubba-jobbed .243 Win. It works, but I prefer other rifles. It has since been repainted. It is now referred to as "The Pinkerizer". (Do a search on these forums for pink camo.)

Yes, the face was replaced with the antelope's, and the antelope's face is mostly missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (124.6 KB, 291 views)

Page generated in 0.02395 seconds with 9 queries