View Single Post
Old January 21, 2020, 08:41 AM   #72
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmady View Post
I think it showed gun owners in a very positive light.

You want "political effect?" That takes $$$$.

Speaking of $$$$, was there any sign of the NRA there?
I wasn't there BUT....
I agree..not sure what being all 'tacticool', complete with tree suits, helmets and NVG setups was supposed to mean tho..I think the people wearing 'normal' clothes with an AR or something on their shoulder..making sane statements about the 2nd amendment paid great dividends.
I worried about it becoming a Kent State..with the exception of both sides being armed..it wasn't..AND, anybody who went 'inside the fence', onto capital property, nobody made a stink about not being armed..by shooting somebody..

As for the NRA..nothing on their webiste I could find about VA, lots about New Hampshire......
Quote:
I suspect those who were dressed that way may have done so to act as a visible deterrent to any armed radical group/s who were planning on making major disturbance out of the whole thing.
Not sure as I don't think you could tell them apart. I suspect they were trying to make some point, like the guy in tactical grub and AR walking around a park...

Want to rile up the 'other side'? Dress like militia, complete with camo face paint, helmets, NVG stuff and 200 rounds of ammo in yer tacticool vest...be sure to yell at the camera's.

Want to sway the undecided 'middle'? Dress normally, carry that whatever over your shoulder, speak rationally and perhaps have 'middle america' identify with you.

"Tools not Trophies”

Last edited by USNRet93; January 21, 2020 at 10:48 AM.

Page generated in 0.03180 seconds with 8 queries