View Single Post
Old June 24, 2018, 03:27 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
Testing this right now. I almost forgot about BBcode. Thanks for your reply. Wish there would be a quote button though. Writing the code and past&copy the text manually slows most replies down.

I did a quick google search on the Like button options and found this: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231666

Should be easy to integrate.

This is not my forum, hence not my rules, but I have seen great usage and acceptance on other boards when it was added.
Actually, there is a quote button of sorts associated with each post, and I just used it here. Push the icon at the bottom right of a post to go to the "Quick Reply" window. Then check off "Quote message in reply?" to add the post text to your post. Note the small icon next to the quoted member's name - that is a link to the entire quoted post.

The main problem with a reply-with-quote function is that some members use it all the time whether they really need to quote a post or not. Then they add a short reply. They almost never edit the quote to include only the text they needed to quote. Multiply that 10 or so times per page, and frankly, it gets really annoying.

Page generated in 0.03294 seconds with 8 queries