View Single Post
Old February 4, 2011, 06:30 PM   #20
serf 'rett

Interesting Post

Quote:
Maybe I was just lucky but I think knowing a lot about reloading by that time, I was making fairly good educated guesses.
It's said that knowledge is power. I just loaded my first 9mm rounds, actually my first time to reload anything. I couldn't find published data for the exact components I had purchased, but I studied all the information I had and asked for help on this forum. Took the reloads to the range this past Saturday and was talking to a fellow shooter just prior to taking my first shot. He asked what my charge weights were and then told me I had loaded to much powder in my bullets; way more than he normally used, he said.

Told him that I was fairly certain I had done used a good min to max range, then asked him what powder did he use - yep, as soon as he told me his powder, I knew his stuff was significantly faster than my powder, BECAUSE, I HAD STUDIED several burn rate charts. I grabbed my 3 ring binder and showed him the difference.

I also take note that you worked your way up - started on the low end.

Page generated in 0.01999 seconds with 8 queries