View Single Post
Old November 25, 2014, 10:52 PM   #5
lefteye

I suggest the first step should be learning about the materials holsters are made of, i.e, leather, nylon, and Kydex. Then compare holster models from various makers that are designed expressly (or generally) for your specific handgun. Then seek opinions on TFL about the makes and models that you think may satisfy your needs. At some point you also need to decide what you are willing to spend. Leather holsters from the best makers are designed and made for specific brands, models and barrel lengths, and, therefore, tend to be the most expensive. Nylon holsters tend to be the cheapest and are generally made for different size revolvers and semi-autos, and are made to fit multiple brands of handguns with similar dimensions. Finally, you will need a proper gun belt, i.e., a belt specifically designed and made to carry the weight of a holster and loaded hand gun in the proper position without feeling like it is cutting into your waist on the opposite side. Some holster makers also make belts specifically made for carrying holstered handguns. Some belt makers also make such belts. Researching these products should improve your chances of making purchases that will satisfy your needs without wasting money buying products that end up in the lousy holster box that many of us have. One more thing, Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen are two of the best leather holster makers.

Page generated in 0.05457 seconds with 8 queries