View Single Post
Old October 23, 2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Gbro

I started reloading back in 72 for handgun and the first rifle cartridge I reloaded was the 30-30 (30WCF).
I started with the Lee hand loading kits and the only problem I had was if I failed to test each case I scrounged to insure it would feed into my chamber, I would have cartridges that failed to feed. This I found out many years later was due to a screw that was backing out on one of the bolt guides.
When I started reloading them with a press I had all kinds of problems and my scrap brass bucket received a lot of them. Crimping was difficult and at best I had plenty of pushed in bullets after a busy hunting season. Here in MN our firearms would be unloaded and cased to even ride a tailgate a short distance so the cartridges were in and out of the magazine many times a day.
One of the expert old timers here posted that he never crimps 30-30 reloads and I took his advice and although I don't use the old girl much I am very happy with the uncrimped loads.
Hereis the old thread

Cries out UNCLE! (I am using an eye-pad)http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...1&highlight=30

Last edited by Gbro; October 23, 2012 at 04:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.01930 seconds with 8 queries