View Single Post
Old October 8, 2018, 06:38 PM   #16
Screwball

I can’t speak for anyone... but I owned a KSG. Change out a few parts, and it is a nice shotgun. However, I got rid of mine. It is just too different for any real defensive use. If you want to mess around with a 15 shot shotgun, good choice. But for defense, my main issue is the magazine selection. If you put that switch in the center (intentionally or not), you are not getting a round in the chamber no matter how many time you cycle it... with it loaded to capacity. That was my main drawback. Other issue is that the controls are nothing like any other shotgun, so you don’t gain anything running it other than fun.

Mossberg... I’m more of a Remington guy. I had a 500 JIC2, which I got rid of before I tried the KSG. They work, but quality isn’t there (and yes, even with Remington issues with QC). Brand new shotgun, look down the barrel... you’ll see the threads from the bead protruding into the barrel. I’ve dealt with plenty of Remington shotguns... never saw a barrel along those lines.

I love the “firearm” setup, as it does shorten up the weapon. I love my TAC-14, especially with the folding brace. I’ve handled the Shockwave... only things it has going for it is Mini-Shells and the sixth round in the tube. The former is not useful outside fun (not trusting them, your mileage may vary), and the later is easily done with an extension and a swage (for dimples).

Benelli is a good shotgun. I personally don’t own one (as said earlier, Remington guy), but would recommend them without hesitation.

I feel ok with that list... might switch the two Mossbergs around, but from what’s listed, that is it for me.

Page generated in 0.03602 seconds with 8 queries