View Single Post
Old May 6, 2013, 01:47 AM   #6
ZRTaylor

jimbob86: My goal is to become proficient with a handgun deployed in the defense of myself and others. I agree with you on the limitations of Bullseye type training, which is why I started the thread. The two scenarios that stand out to me at the moment are a home defense scenario and an alert (as opposed to a general) concealed carry scenario.

MrBorland: That covers the fundamentals of what I was wondering rather nicely, thank you. A lot to digest, I'm sure I'll have to grow in to a lot of that information. I'm going in to town tomorrow so I'll look in to getting a couple of inexpensive steel targets and coming up with some way of mounting them. I strive every time I hit the range to avoid being lazy and perform a little better than the time before. Thank you for giving me the advice necessary to continue meeting that goal.

My current training regimen is a fifty round sequence starting at my maximum comfortable distance and working back in five yard increments with a bullseye target. I don't want to go many more than fifty rounds because .22lr is still a difficult to obtain commodity in my area. Do you have any advice for adjustments to my routine that will allow me to maintain my progress in bullseye accuracy while incorporating some of the fundamentals that will forge that accuracy in to an effective tool?

One approach I've taken already is incorporating reloading drills in to my routine, but that doesn't feel like it's sufficient.

Page generated in 0.03436 seconds with 8 queries