View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 09:16 AM   #75
xtphreak

Re: Universal Background Checks Passed Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by overhead View Post
I wondered about that. I would like to think if I am arrested for something like this and keep my mouth shut that the state would be required to actually prove I did something wrong. Having to prove my innocence sort of turns our justice system over on it's ear, doesn't it? The state going into this assuming a citizen is guilty of a crime without any evidence scares the crap out of me. The IRS does this and look at what a tyrannical mess of regulations and nonsense people have to go through with them.
You want one to scare you?
Look at the "Lautenburg Amendment" AKA "Violence Against Women Act".

NC's version CONFISCATES YOUR GUNS & AMMO EX PARTE.

That means the accuser and a judge have a Hearing WITHOUT YOU and decide to strip your 2nd Amendment rights. WITHOUT DUE PROCESS.

When served with the Summons to a Hearing and an ex Parte Order, you must surrender all firearms, ammo, CWP to the Sheriff on the spot.

If you are found not guilty at a full hearing, you have to file a motion for another hearing, and if the judge decides it's ok, you have to pay the sheriff a fee per gun to get them back.

Oh, and if the accuser lied about the whole thing?

No penalty for her, you're out atty fees, storage fees, lost work, court filing fees, no guns during the whole time and if she is convinced to make it criminal as well, you can spend the weekend in jail without bail for 48 hrs.

Then she can do it again.

(Stepping down off soapbox)

Page generated in 0.03480 seconds with 8 queries