View Single Post
Old February 11, 2012, 09:38 AM   #21
kraigwy

Quote:
If I understand the mechanics of this type of holster correctly (not saying I do), it looks like you can press a secondary trigger guard release with the same finger you shoot with in order to complete the draw. In my inexperienced armchair opinion, this is an inherent accident waiting to happen--regardless of how good or experienced you are.
No Sir:

I will describe again how the Serpa works. Anytime one draws his pistol/revolver the trigger finger is normally extended, pointing parallel with the barrel. When the pistol/revolver is drawn from the holster, the finger naturally falls along the frame above the trigger guard. It's still straight.

When drawing from the Serpa, the finger slides over a "bump" which contained the release allowing the pistol/revolver to be removed from the holster.

After the finger slides over this release, it then falls flat against the side of the holster, remaining straight. As the pistol/revolver comes out of the holster the finger falls (straight) along the side of the pistol/revolver above the trigger guard along the frame, (just under the cylinder of a revolver).

The pistol/revolver is then presented, or pointed toward the target, and as the target comes in view over the sights and the mind recognizes this is the target then the finger goes to the trigger.

To get the trigger finger into the trigger guard you have to "crook" it, meaning you have to bend the finger and stick it into the trigger guard and on the trigger.

The Serpa is no different then any other holster (that covers the trigger guard). Such holsters will not allow you to put your finger in the trigger guard until the pistol/revolver is removed.

And, again, you finger is going to naturally be straight as you grip the pistol/revolver and remain so until the pistol/revolver clears the holster

I have never seen a holster that requires you to put your finger in the trigger guard to allow you to remove the pistol/revolver from the holster.

If the gun goes off while drawing, its the shooters fault, not the holster.

People blame the equipment simply because they aren't man enough to admit their own mistakes.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02238 seconds with 8 queries