View Single Post
Old November 19, 2011, 03:04 PM   #5
kraigwy

Quote:
home-defense rounds performance at different ranges (10, 25 and 100 meters)
Man, somebody has some huge houses. The farthest I can see in my house (without peeking around doors or corners is about 30 feet (that's stretching it since I'm too lazy to get up and measure it).

Looking around, at my front door and back door, its 9 feet and 10 feet from where I'm setting. And about 6 ft and 12 feet from my bed. (that's line of sight, without peeking around corners.

I'm not the best shot in the world, but I don't see any need for a rifle at those ranges. There is enough ambient light that I can tell the difference between my granddaughter getting up for a snack or a bandit coming in.

People need to look around their house and think a bit. From where I set, and from my bed, looking at the angles, if I have to shoot a bandit, either if I miss or the round exits the target, and it passes through walls, it will harmlessly fly off to never never land. I don't have any close neighbors and my little 38s just wont fly that far, with or without passing through walls.

What one needs to do, is look around, see how big your house is, angles to targets vs to where your kids might be sleeping. Determine if misses or penetration puts someone else in danger.

I think you'll find that few of us live in houses so big we need a rifle. You should also determine if there is enough ambient light to identify targets. If not then set up some night lights.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03242 seconds with 8 queries