View Single Post
Old November 19, 1998, 05:26 PM   #14
SB

Late into the game again. Lately, I'm experimenting with a new toy. I noticed that on my campus (I'm in college), many people are wearing these dog leashes that they put around their neck to carry their keys. Very dumb idea. However, the item itself caught my interest. For anyone familiar with Hojojitsu or anything similar (or if you just want to flail your keys around), this can be quite useful. I mean, considering that at some point in your day you have to manipulate your keys anyways, might as well turn it into a defensive tool. Even better is that it has ZERO intimidation/suspicion level.

Not satisfied with the usual dog leash, however, I took a thin, colorful length of tubular webbing (roughly 5'-6') and tied that to my keys instead. To add weight to the end of your flail, or just to make it easier to grab, you can add a petzel (not pretzel ) oval screwlink. So far, it works pretty good, but it's also slightly cumbersome. I'm not sure how long I'll keep this around, but it's still a fun experiment.

[This message has been edited by SB (edited 11-19-98).]

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries