View Single Post
Old October 7, 2005, 10:39 AM   #29
blackmind

Quote:
I feel that public executions are the best answer for the perverts. If they can't be put to death, then they should bring back, (from the good ol' days), branding them. I think if they are lucky enough to get jail, instead of death, that they should get tatoo'd. I would like there to be a nice large tatoo on their foreheads, telling just exactly what sick crime they have done. This is to let all their prison buddies know what fine fellows/gals that they are.

It should also be a crime to remove the tatoo or conceal it, if they ever get out. Which all too frequently happens. Damn bleeding hearts.

It's all well and good to suggest this stuff for dangerous people like sex predators, but WHY ON EARTH DO WE NOT THINK THIS STUFF SHOULD APPLY TO VIOLENT CRIMINALS AND/OR THIEVES?!

I am past childhood, so I will likely never be sexually molested for the rest of my life. Sexual abuse of adult males (outside of prison) is vanishingly rare. But I DO STAND EXPOSED TO BEING ROBBED, MAIMED, OR MURDERED. We have people who go to prison for this kind of thing, and are let out well before the end of their lives. WHY? If you want sex predators branded because they're dangerous, ROBBERS are dangerous to ALL people across the spectrum of the population, so why not brand them too?

Now, as far as branding people who have been released from prison:

If you really feel that someone needs to be branded so that when released, everyone will know how dangerous he is, he simply shouldn't BE released from prison. The brand won't stop him from committing another sexual assault. If we're serious about feeling that these people will always be a threat to society, they should be sentenced to life in prison.

There's this new policy that sex crimes get people a sentence in prison and then the "Jimmy Ryce law" provides that they can (unconstitionally, in my view) be kept there after their sentence is finished because "they're still a danger." I don't see why this is not the way we treat repeat offenders whose crimes are robbery, battery, manslaughter, murder... Are they less of a danger to those around them?

-blackmind

Page generated in 0.03796 seconds with 8 queries