View Single Post
Old December 16, 2018, 01:06 PM   #34
Rachen

OK let me put on my fireproof suit. I MIGHT get flamed for this but I got to make a suggestion:

Don't put your expensive Sigs and race-tuned Kimbers on the front line as defensive guns. Get a couple of Hi Points and have one for EDC and another one for the tool kit/bug out bag etc...

Even in the most friendliest jurisdictions where the authorities would try to return your gun back to you as soon as possible after a defensive incident, it is still unlikely that someone will clean your gun for you while it sits in an evidence locker. Used ammo with corrosive primers/powder? You are going to be screwed.

I have handled Hi Points before and while they do get a lot of bad rep, they are still functioning firearms. I shot multiple mags through a Hi Point JHP .45 ACP and did not experience a single jam or malfunction. I think I sent close to 300 rounds of Winchester bulk FMJ ammo through the thing in a single setting because I was curious and wanted to do what other Hi Point reviewers have done on Youtube. It functioned fine. Then two mags of JHP and Critical Duty ammo and it still fed and cycled properly. And the accuracy was phenomenal. Shooting with two-handed grip yielded results similar to same ammo from my Kahr M1911-PKZ.

I would not hesitate to trust my life to a Hi Point if that is all I had on hand. From the reviews and from experience, the big Hi Points work better than the small ones. Stay away from the .380 and 9mm. The JHP .45 is the one everybody gives good reviews on. Their 9mm carbine may be uglier than a coughed up furball but it works really good too.

For $195 PLUS lifetime warranty it is almost too good to be true. The only thing about it that bothers me is that plastic trigger but it works and you can get an aluminum aftermarket upgrade for it if you are THAT serious about it.

Page generated in 0.02525 seconds with 8 queries