Thread: Ching Sling
View Single Post
Old November 24, 2009, 07:56 AM   #8
AK103K

I made a couple out of different types of nylon, and didnt like any of them. They are fine once you get into them shooting wise, but they were just to soft and flexible for initially getting slung in, and tended to hang up on your arm as you tried. The leather on the other hand, is firm enough to hold its shape as your stick your arm through the loop, and is much easier.

I never understood why Savage didnt put the third swivel point on the gun. It is a "Scout" and they marketed it as such. The least they could have done was give you the stud. I pulled my stock when I put mine on. There is a portion of the stock that is solid, and has more meat, just forward of the trigger, which is about perfect for the stud. There are also spots were the stock is thin and has voids with reinforcing fins, so you may want to take a look before you screw the stud in.

I also cut that silly recoil pad off mine. It made the LOP too long, and was WAY to sticky, and constantly grabbed at what ever I was wearing as I shouldered it. They dont make a butt plate for them, unless you find an old one and fit it, so I found it was easier to just take a razor knife and cut it down at the plastic spacer. Worked out real well. It left just enough rubber with some texture on the spacer to work like checkering, yet it doenst grab. The LOP is now about perfect too.

Page generated in 0.03698 seconds with 8 queries