View Single Post
Old December 1, 2019, 07:40 PM   #176
Forte S+W

The simple answer is because it comes with the territory and they feel confident that 5-8 rounds of ammunition is sufficient.

Personally, I could see carrying something like a S&W TRR8 or a Taurus 627 and not feeling underarmed. .357 Magnum has a long and storied history of effectiveness which I don't doubt, so if you're a good shot and can land those shots directly on target, then there's little reason to doubt that 8 rounds of .357 Magnum would be insufficient for anything less than facing multiple attackers, and in which case you're probably just as screwed with a double-stack 9mm, the only difference is you have more unfired cartridges for CSI to find in your gun afterwards.

People can argue all day about how statistically 9mm Luger is just as good *swings arm in an upward arc* as anything else because the FBI says so and simulated tests cannot detect any difference, but I imagine that a bigger stretch cavity likely equates to more pain, (Try pinching your earlobe then stretching it out, then stretch it further. Hurts more when stretched further, right?) and obviously the brighter muzzle flash and report are obviously more frightening, so there's likely also a higher probability of psychological stops with .357 Magnum versus 9mm Luger as well, and if a stop is a stop, why split hairs?

Last edited by Forte S+W; December 1, 2019 at 07:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02653 seconds with 8 queries