View Single Post
Old July 3, 2019, 02:56 PM   #17
TXAZ

I took a course related to this at the US Embassy when we lived overseas. (It made me wonder what the * we were doing over there if these were legit threats, they were)

The relevant summary was:

Situational awareness, always. If there's a private checkpoint ahead, avoid it at most any cost.

Doors locked except when you're getting in and out.

Windows never rolled down more than an inch (zero is best).

Don't stop if at all possible. Even at stop lights, keep your distance and be ready to move into your escape route.

If someone is insistent on getting a ride (assuming you don't know them), tell them the driver's side rear door doesn't work, and they have to walk around to the others side.....Once they get to the back of the car (or are just clear of the front of the car on the passenger's side, ***haul a**, with a slight left / right motion as you move forward.

If you do get stopped, you can feign not knowing the local language, best if you know a phrase in a language that is not locally spoken, like "Knee mama chew you" (Chinese for 'your mama eats fish') and just keep repeating it until they leave or you have a chance to haul.

There is also a technique, it might be on youtube, to 'swat' someone with the rear quarter panel of your car by using light pressure on the brakes, turning the wheels away from them then flooring it. Congratulations, that's vehicle assault, but might save your life. You decide.

You have to understand up front what you're willing to do / not do.

P.S. If someone needs to also know how to survive a grenade attack, Molotov cocktail attacks or machine gun attack, let me know.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes

Page generated in 0.03318 seconds with 8 queries