View Single Post
Old May 10, 2006, 08:29 PM   #20
jkdo

I've a similar story that happened to me a few years back now.I went home from work at about 0200am and thought i take a shortcut through an alleyway,which was known at the time to be a bit of a dodgey place,since all the hoodlums of Town where hanging out in that area.Anyway,i still went through there,when i heard a lot of shouting and glass breaking, coming from the general area where i was headed.After about 30 yards,i knew what the fuss was all about.Those F......ers were smashing up Vehicles that were parked in the area.So before i could retrack my steps ,one of those numbnutses sees me and starts walking towards me ,followed by a Tattoo-artist and his pet Rottweiler.To make a long story short:they told me that i would be able to pass through there area if i could outrun the dog?By the time he had his Rottweiler unleashed,i came out with my Army issued Glock17,9mm(which was mandatory for us to carry off Duty).The dog only made 5 or so yards before i put a 147 gr Hp into his chest and he was off to next life.No sound or movement emanated from the dog after i fired the first round.I put two more into him,while i walked towards them,just for deterent reasons than anything.I had to shoot two other dogs whilst on Duty but they were fired from MP5s,but the same bullets and i never had one twitch.I believe,bullet placement is critical,when shooting any critter that has bigger teeth than me.The 9mm is very capable when using heavy bullets like 147gr HP.
Probably,a 10mm or a 45ACP would be a better choice to hush a puppy,but you gotta use what you have got.

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries