View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Harryball

Quote:
I was driving home on a busy major street two nights ago. I was unarmed because of where I had been earlier. I heard a woman screaming as if she were being assaulted. Stopped my vehicle in the left turn lane, turned on the flashers, ran across the street toward the sound of the screaming. A few other people were moving toward the sound as well. It turned out to be the repossession of a vehicle, rather than an assault in progress. I earned a black belt about 20 years ago, but I'm old and slight of build, and I'm out of shape for physical combat. I was scared, but I knew I could not go on my way as if I had not heard the woman screaming. As I was crossing the street to return to my vehicle, I momentarily lost some control of my legs, though I did not fall. All in all, an ugly experience, though useful in that I was tested and learned a bit about how I might react in the future. I did remember that I was unarmed, and I feel that my thinking was relatively clear and was quick enough. I had the presence of mind to 'get out of Dodge' upon hearing one of the people involved say something like, "Go ahead, reach for it."
Time to work on that. 30 min a day in exercise should help...

Page generated in 0.02913 seconds with 8 queries