View Single Post
Old February 9, 2009, 05:19 AM   #1
jesus5150

My First Ever Range Report... Sorta

So i took the USP out for the first time today... All we had to shoot at was a metal target that "poorherker" made, it's a round bar with little squares hanging off that spin when you hit them... (he's using it as a brace in the picture, he has the spotting scope not the rifle) So after he got done sighting in his new 30.06 i decided to send some brass down toward his target (A jar on a tree-stump 127 yards out) with him looking through the scope, i fired 8 shots and hit the stump with 4... (what do you think? is that pretty good or can anyone with a pistol hit a 2'X4' stump at that far?) Then i shot at the close home-made target (The squares are probably 3"X3" and were about 15-20 yards out.. not positive, we didn't measure that one.) I fired off ten rounds with no stopping and hit 5 or 6 times... I hit the targets everytime if i paused and re-aimed!!!! i'm hoping to get some human shaped targets so i can show you guys some groups.. Anyway The reason this is in Tactics and Training is because i know i've got the potential to shoot better, but i yank the trigger instead of applying pressure... I get impatient. And my left eye ALWAYS waters, and i don't know how/when to correct for distance or wind (Or even if i need to for a .40 cal pistol)

SO my questions are

1) How can i train myself to ALWAYS be more patient and wait for the "squeeze" instead of popping off rounds? Will this wear off after a few trips to the gravel pit?

2) I wear glasses, How can I keep my eyes from watering?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shootin with the bros.jpg (53.6 KB, 105 views)

Page generated in 0.03952 seconds with 9 queries