View Single Post
Old September 10, 2008, 02:39 PM   #32
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, Tim. That is a big part of the problem. I could easily delete both your post and Ken's post as just adding to the noise. After all, neither were any form of suggestion. In good conscience, I would then have to go back and look at every post in this thread and do the same to each and every off topic post.

ETA: Didn't read Tim's "edit" close enough or forgot the one sentence in his "edit." In which case, I would have edited out everything but the suggestion. My bad, for that.

Suddenly, 30+ posts get paired down to 15 or so....

Should the mods have to always do that? I think not. But then the alternative is to close the thread for veering off topic. If I delete the posts, I will get PM's wanting (sometimes demanding) to know why. If the thread is closed, the same occurs. If I delete or edit a post and PM the member why I did what I did, I get arguments and demands and even some who threaten. sigh. Can't win, no matter what we do.

In the spirit of this thread, I've just described one of the (many) problems. I'm not deleting your posts. I'm keeping the thread open.

The rest of the staff continues to discuss this, amongst ourselves. And to read this thread. Anyone want to get back on topic and suggest some viable alternatives to the morass that L&P had become?

Last edited by Al Norris; September 10, 2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Clarification

Page generated in 0.04005 seconds with 8 queries