View Single Post
Old November 16, 2013, 08:25 PM   #3
Glenn E. Meyer

I hope we have a decent discussion but the last sentence in the OP was a touch confrontational.

1. While rare, a gun fight might be of high intensity and a higher capacity magazine is useful. I can cite an African-American who used a full magazine during the disorder over civil rights to protect his house from racist night riders.

2. We do have background checks for all FFL sales. If you want to debate private sales that is a different subset of the argument.

If you wish that background checks keep records, it is clear that in several countries and American states - the kept records were used for confiscations.

3. The better solution to trying to charge someone during a mag change is to allow carry in the schools. That is the efficacious way to deal with the mad person. Waiting for a reload has been done. However, why not just shoot the mad person as the fight starts? Not suggesting carry as a solution means the OP is not really cognizant of the dynamics of a school shooting.

4. The idea of having rifles or pistols roughly equivalent to those of the government is a buffer against tyranny. Some antigunners or naïve progun folks suggest that this is not the case. I disagree.

Page generated in 0.03932 seconds with 8 queries